A. Holthe was a goldsmith company in Norway that was first established in 1943 by Astri Holthe, who made jewellery based on her own design. She was successful with her production and in 1949 she established her own factory building in the Barbu valley near Arendal in Norway.
A. Holthe experienced great success and expanded the factory three times in 1954, 1967 and 1973. The factory employed 90-100 people in 1969 and even had its own soccer team.
In 1973 the revenue was 11.2 million Norwegian kroner of which 22% was generated through export, which primarily went to the United States, but Denmark and other European countries also imported from the factory.
A new collection was issued twice a year; one in spring/summer and one in autumn/winter.
The factory also issued a series of pewter Christmas plates from 1974 to 2005.