Bucha & Nissen, also known as Bucka & Nissen, was a Danish-German porcelain shop in Flensburg, which began to sell porcelain in 1846. The company was named Bucka & Nissen in 1849 and was a collaboration between Marcus Bucka and Hans Nissen. The company was split up after the war in 1864 when Nissen moved to Copenhagen and Marcus Bucka remained in Flensburg. The company sold, among other things, Bavaria's dinnerware in Denmark. After 1864, the German and Danish parts separated from each other as two independent companies, where the German finally closed in 1937, while the Danish held until 1968.
The Danish part of Bucha & Nissen started to produce Christmas plates in 1905 with a series of plates with mostly Biblical motifs taken from the New Testament.