Orrefors was a glass factory in Kalmar County, Sweden, established in 1898. The glassworks itself was shut down in 2013 and production moved to Kosta. Orrefors is today a part of Orrefors Kosta Boda AB, which was established when Orrefors bought Kosta Boda in 1990. Orrefors Kosta Boda AB originated as a combination of the seven glassworks; Kosta glass mill, Åfors glass mill, Boda glass mill, Orrefors glass mill, SEA glass mill in Kosta, Sandvik glass mill in Hovmantorp and Johansfors glass mill. All glassworks were part of the glass kingdom in Småland, which has been famous for Swedish glass art. In the 1950s, Swedish glass and Orrefors had the reputation as some of the finest glass in the world. In 1997 Orrefors Kosta Boda AB became part of Royal Scandinavia and subsequently sold in 2005 to New Wave Group AB, which has been the owner ever since.
Back in the 1970s, Orrefors produced a series of plates and mother's day plates in glass. Among other things, a series of famous cathedrals.